Pages

Creative writing comes from the heart!!!

"Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals."-Don DeLillo

Rightly said by Mr. DeLillo. Writing for me sure is a form of personal freedom. I began writing when I had to pour out my emotions or to organize my thoughts when they were all running around in my mind in a crazy frenzy. I sit down to write when I have these sudden urges to write something huge. I start thinking about a topic and go into this world of fantasy where words just start falling into sentences and forming paragraphs of literature that just fail to explain what I need to convey and I'm suddenly out of that urge to write. Fail? You ask "Why fail?" I can never think and plan to write something. I write when I need to pour out my casual thoughts. Once I start to write, it ends up like a journal. Everything sounds like it came from a diary. I've had friends and cousins who write well. Their articles never fail to amaze me. I wonder "How can they think this way? Wow!" There was something that I was missing.

I began writing when I was younger. The very thought of having a ‘secret diary’ enticed me no end. I just wanted to fill my diary with every single moment of my day. Later when I started re-reading those diary entries, I found them really redundant and boring. Is there absolutely no spice in my life? Or is it that I didn't know to write? Well, I figured I had to start writing about my special moments and not just about any moments. Then I began writing and continued till I developed closeness with my diary. Like it was a silent listener who wanted to hear everything I had to say.

And slowly, I started writing down my thoughts, small stories that I liked to cook up, small discoveries that I made about life and the world. Without realizing, I was being creative. Creative about my writing, thoughts, stories. Somehow, the words that I wrote seemed to sound more interesting to read. That’s when I learnt - Creative writing doesn't come from practice or planning. It comes from the heart.

-Veena Shyam Krishna, Bespoken Words Team

2 comments:

Sapna Krishnan said...

It so true !! Writing from the heart helps you express so much. And when this writing begins to show your creativity, it is like an icing on the cake :)

Unknown said...

Hey Veena, reading your article is tempting me to write as well..

It indeed is a way to develop closeness with oneself also..

Thanks for this inspiring article..
Komal

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Bespoken Words